Early Years Cook's Training
Grub4life offer a range of specialist cookery master classes and ...
Blackberry and Apple Crumble
uploaded this recipe to Grub4Life
This recipe hasn't received more than 3 ratings yet...
|You already rated this recipe.
Ingredients : Serves a family of 4:
3 eating apples, peeled and chopped.
125g (4oz) blackberries
1 tbls caster sugar
150g (5oz) Plain flour
100g (4oz) cold margarine
75g (3oz) soft brown sugar
50g (2oz) oats
1. Pre heat oven to 200c, 400F, Gas6.
2. Mix together the flour, and salt, and rub in the margarine until resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the sugar and oats.
4. Place the chopped fruit in an oven proof dish, and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
5. Top with the crumble mix.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-35 mins until the crumble is golden brown.
Serve with custard- (use custard powder and milk to make custard - follow pack instructions).
• For wheat free diets, replace plain flour with ground rice. Serve with ASDA own soft scoop vanilla ice cream.
• For milk free diets, serve with custard made with soya milk or Provamel vanilla soya dessert pot.
• For egg free diets, use Birds Custard Powder.