Our Terms & Conditions1. Introduction
1.1. Grub4Life.org.uk is a web site operated and made available by Nigel Denby Ltd ("Nigel Denby"). Grub4Life is a web site designed to provide a forum for individuals concerned with childhood nutritional issues, and aims to provide a supportive forum and resources for its members. Grub4Life.org.uk may also be aliased to other domain names, for example Grub4Life.co.uk, whereupon the same terms apply.
1.2. Grub4Life.org.uk is intended for use in the UK and those territories where the terms stated hereunder are enforceable by law. Users of the Grub4Life website in territories where any of these terms and conditions are not acceptable or enforceable may not use the Grub4Life.org.uk web site or services.
1.3. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE ("Terms") BEFORE USING OUR SITE. By accessing or using any part of Grub4Life.org.uk you agree to be bound to be bound by these Terms. If you don't wish to be bound by what you read below, you shouldn't use Grub4Life.org.uk.
1.4. We may make changes to these Terms at any time. We will let you know what these changes are by posting them to this page, but is your responsibility as a user to make sure that you are aware of them, by checking for any changes on a regular basis. Changes will become effective as soon as they are posted. We may change these conditions at any time without any notice to you. By your continued access and use of Grub4Life.org.uk you agree to be bound by the most current version of the conditions of use. Please check these conditions periodically for any changes that may have been made.
2. The purpose of Grub4Life.org.uk
Grub4Life.org.uk aims to provide a supportive forum and resources for its members who are sharing tips, hints and information about nutrition. The information on this site does not necessarily represent the views of the owners and does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by us and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific decisions. Given that the impact of any information expressed on our site can vary widely based on your particular circumstances, you should always carry out your own medical and dietary research.
3. Privacy statement
Grub4Life respects your privacy. The information that you provide us with, or that is gathered automatically, helps us to monitor and improve our services. When using the Grub4Life.org.uk web site certain information is automatically collected so that delivery of the service is possible. Cookies may be stored on your machine by your browser. Certain date, time, IP address and other information relating to your using the Grub4Life.org.uk web site is logged and stored for analysis purposes.
Contact information is requested by the service when submitting material for publication (such as private advertisements etc); this information is stored by the service.
Grub4Life.org.uk provides an external e-mail newsletter service and an internal mailbox facility. This external service is an "opt-in" and "opt-out" service. If you receive an e-mail newsletter from the Grub4Life.org.uk web site, it is because you have subscribed to that service. To remove your e-mail address from this service please refer to the removal instructions within the e-mail newsletter.
Please bear in mind that any information that you submit through insecure web forms, letters/emails may be collected by others.
"Grub4Life.org.uk" and "Grub4Life" are service marks of Grub4Life. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited anywhere on Grub4Life.org.uk are the property of their respective owners.
Members own the copyright in the text that they post on Grub4Life.org.uk. However, by accessing, posting text or using any part of Grub4Life.org.uk you expressly grant us a perpetual, unlimited free license to republish that text on our site and to redistribute/make available and/or sell that text in print or electronic form any where in the world as part of an edited compilation or otherwise. 1. Permitted uses
Save as provided below, no materials from Grub4Life.org.uk may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, broadcast, shown or played in public, republished, uploaded, posted, stored, transmitted or distributed in any way or adapted or changed in any way.
Subject to applicable third party content providers' licences, you are allowed to access the Grub4Life.org.uk database, to make a copy of the results of any searches made in that database, and to use those results PROVIDED that none of such access, copying and use falls into, is preparatory to or enables any of the categories of prohibited conduct referred to below, and provided that none of such access, copying and use is for the purpose of or in the course of any business. For the avoidance of doubt and without limitation, you are expressly prohibited from:
- modifying the data or other material from Grub4Life.org.uk ("the Data") or merging the Data with any other data;
- selling or trading in materials copied from the Data;
- using or redistributing the Data for the purposes of compiling databases, lists or directories, other than as and to the extent necessary to use the Data for a use not prohibited by the above;
- providing commercial information, redistributing or reproduction of the same by the press or media or through any commercial network, cable or satellite system;
- issuing questionnaires, reply cards or similar for the purpose of data capture or verification;
- permitting or allowing the Data to infringe or otherwise prejudice our proprietary rights;
- using the Data:
- For any unlawful purpose or purpose that is likely to bring any part of Grub4Life.org.uk into disrepute or to cause any part of Grub4Life.org.uk embarrassment;
- To send any message or communication which is offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing;
- In any way that would be reasonably expected to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- As source targeting material or contact data for any kind of telemarketing, direct marketing, viral or other electronic marketing activity on your own behalf or on behalf or for the benefit of another party.
1.5 No licence
Except as expressly provided, nothing contained in these conditions or anywhere on Grub4Life.org.uk shall be construed as conferring any licence under any of Grub4Life.org.uk's or any third party's intellectual property rights.
1.6 Disclaimer of representations and warranties
Grub4Life.org.uk is provided by Grub4Life.org.uk on an "as is" and "as and when available" basis to users. You use Grub4Life.org.uk at your own risk.
Grub4Life.org.uk and its associated content provider organisations make considerable efforts to make information made available via Grub4Life.org.uk as accurate as possible but no warranty or fitness is implied.
Neither Grub4Life.org.uk nor any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates, agents, third party content providers, sponsors, licensers, or the like, makes any representation or warranty or condition, either express or implied, to you:
- that Grub4Life.org.uk will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that Grub4Life.org.uk or the computer server from which Grub4Life.org.uk is made available, are free of viruses or other harmful components;
- to the accuracy, content, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any information, advice, content, service, search results, products or merchandise provided through Grub4Life.org.uk.
Grub4Life.org.uk makes and you receive, no representations, warranties or conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise with respect to:
- Grub4Life.org.uk, its content, merchandise, services, documents, information, items or materials provided by Grub4Life.org.uk in connection with the use of Grub4Life.org.uk; or
- any goods or services or information received through or advertised on Grub4Life.org.uk or received through links provided on Grub4Life.org.uk.
- including without limitation no representations, warranties or conditions of merchantability, suitability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of proprietary rights or otherwise.
No oral advice or written information given by Grub4Life.org.uk or its affiliates, or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents, providers, merchants, sponsors, licensers, or the like, will create a representation, a warranty or condition nor should you rely on any such information or advice.
1.7 Provision of advice
Grub4Life.org.uk is not an agent for and does not vouch for those persons, 'dieting buddies', companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be displayed or referred to in Grub4Life.org.uk, nor for the availability, suitability or prices of such goods and services nor for the legal entitlement, competences, professional qualifications, trade certifications, or memberships of trade associations of such persons, companies or other organisations.
Grub4Life.org.uk advises users to satisfy themselves as to the exact type and nature of goods or services being offered or qualifications held by those persons, companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be displayed or referred to in Grub4Life.org.uk.
Grub4Life.org.uk may make available certain information provided by third parties. Grub4Life.org.uk recommends that before you use any such information with respect to any issues or questions that you may have relating to medicine, law, accounting or any other profession you seek advice from a qualified professional. Grub4Life.org.uk may make available certain financial information provided by third parties, including information regarding industries, companies, stocks, investments and securities. Such investment information is for information purposes only and you should not construe it as investment advice or use it for trading or investing purposes. Financial investments bear varying degrees of risk. Grub4Life.org.uk strongly discourages you from making any investment decision based upon information that you cannot confirm and strongly recommends that you seek advice from a qualified financial advisor before you make any financial investment.
1.8 Limitation of liability
Neither Grub4Life.org.uk nor its associated content provider organisations seek to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from their negligence.
Under no circumstances will Grub4Life.org.uk or any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates, agents, sponsors, licensers, or any other party involved in the creation, production, maintenance or distribution of Grub4Life.org.uk be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of profits, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, use of data or other intangible losses) that result from either:
- the use and reliance on Grub4Life.org.uk; or
- the inability to use Grub4Life.org.uk; or
- mistakes, omissions, interruptions, suspension, termination, deletion of files or e-mail, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation, transmission or service response time, or any failure of performance with respect to Grub4Life.org.uk including without limitation those arising from acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to Grub4Life.org.uk's records, programs or services; or
- merchandise, products or services received through or advertised on Grub4Life.org.uk and merchandise, products or services received through or advertised on any links provided on Grub4Life.org.uk; or
- information or advice received through or advertised on Grub4Life.org.uk and information or advice received through or advertised on any links provided on Grub4Life.org.uk; or
- any information, data, text, messages and other materials that you email, post, upload, reproduce, transmit or is otherwise distributed using Grub4Life.org.uk.
Grub4Life.org.uk is unable to ensure or guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Any information or data that you transmit to or by using Grub4Life.org.uk is done at your own risk and Grub4Life.org.uk shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or injury that may result from transmitting such information.
These conditions and any and all documents specifically referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between you and Grub4Life.org.uk with respect to the subject matter hereof. If any provision contained in these conditions is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that provision shall be severed from these conditions and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
1.10 Jurisdiction and governing law
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Grub4Life.org.uk controls Grub4Life.org.uk from within the country of England. It can, however, be accessed from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from those of England, by accessing Grub4Life.org.uk you agree that the laws of England, without regard to rules relating to conflict of laws, will apply to all matters relating to your use of Grub4Life.org.uk. You and Grub4Life.org.uk also agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, with respect to such matters. Users of Grub4Life.org.uk accessing it from places outside of England acknowledge that they do so voluntarily and are responsible for complying with local laws.
2. How to contact us
3. The Information we collect and how we use it
Except in the limited circumstances mentioned below, we do not collect your personal information when you enter or use our site.
We collect your e-mail address if you register as a participant in our chat forums. We only use this address to send you your password to enable you to log into our chat forums or to send you e-mail notices if you have elected to receive them on this page. When you register, you can choose whether to permit your e-mail address to be viewable by other users of the chat forums.
If you complete the profile facility in our chat forums, it will be viewable by other users, but other than that, we make no use of it.
We do not monitor our chat forums or any of the communications between our users (e.g. private messaging). However, we may record and use particular communications that are posted in connection with any investigation of any possible misuse of the chat forums or any other communication systems that we operate.
IP addresses and Cookies
When you use our chat forums, we log the IP addresses of users' computers which we use solely for administration and trouble shooting purposes.
If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by clicking "Help" in your browser menu. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to post messages in our chat forums.
5 Security Policy
We use reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to us secure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing on-line and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
Effective as of: 27 October 2007